Lexington, Kentucky: On November 18, 2020, the City of Lexington announced Klausing Group achieved gold level certification through its Green Check business sustainability program. Administered by Bluegrass Greensource, Green Check recognizes businesses for their sustainability efforts in the areas of waste reduction, energy efficiency, and / or water quality.
“We are honored that our efforts to operate sustainably have been recognized with Gold level certification,” says Roscoe Klausing, President at Klausing Group. “The Green Check program has helped us set goals and work towards them. Sustainable business operation is an initiative that never ends. We’re not done.”
“Since their certification in 2017, Klausing Group has been one of Green Check’s most sustainable businesses,” says, Noel Osborn, Outreach Specialist at Bluegrass Greensource. “We are extremely pleased to see they have pushed themselves to expand their sustainability initiatives and have reached gold status for their first recertification.”
Klausing Group first achieved Green Check silver certification in 2017. The advancement to Green Check gold certification is the result of these recently accomplished initiatives:
- Reducing their carbon footprint by replacing compact fluorescent lights with LED lights and enrolling in a green energy program
- Installing an energy efficient HVAC system and achieving a year-over-year energy reduction greater than 5%
- Conserving water by replacing plumbing fixtures with EPA WaterSense certified fixtures
- Diverting landfill waste by enhancing their existing green waste program
- Offering preferred parking for electric and hybrid vehicles
About Klausing Group: The idea for the Klausing Group was formed in 1992 by two teenage brothers on a mission to buy a car. They started with a lawnmower and some fliers promising that “we’ll cut class to cut your grass.” Eventually, they cut enough grass to buy the car. And they kept going. The company mission has since evolved, and Klausing Group has become an industry leader redefining what your landscaping should do for your business, your neighbors, and the environment.