The best things in life aren’t things. Following the Thanksgiving holiday, when we take a break from the bustle of daily life to break bread with family, friends and loved ones, there’s a moment to press the pause button and consider what really matters. What are we working for? What makes us feel satisfied—truly happy? What blessings have we been so grateful to receive in life, and how do they make an impact on the way we serve others, either personally or professionally?
At Klausing Group, we make a point of thinking beyond the “daily job” by the way we perform our work and our commitment to helping our clients’ landscapes do more. We’re passionate about ecology—we admire nature, and our work is ultimately an effort to help sustain it and enhance it. We’re truly grateful for the great, big green world we live in and want to honor nature by providing landscaping services that are not only pleasing and beneficial for clients—but beneficial to the ecosystem. Being good stewards of the land directly impacts the lives of everyone in our community.
Individually, we have so much to be thankful for, including being surrounded by colleagues who are committed and caring. Personally, I am so grateful to have had the opportunity this year to watch the growth and professional development of a co-worker. It’s been a real pleasure to observe. And, I’m thankful I have a best friend at work. I get to walk my daughter to school every day, and nothing brings me greater joy!
I asked our team at Klausing Group to share what they are grateful for this season—and year-round. When I received their responses to the question, I realized again how fortunate we are to have a team focused on what really matters: people.
I’d like to take a moment to share what our team members are thankful for, and I’m including each of their names because I hope this will be a small opportunity for you to get to know the genuine, special people I have the pleasure of working alongside every day.
Dan Stever (Pictured)
- I’m thankful for my home and community.
- I’m thankful for the opportunity to help other people.
- I’m thankful for my health
- I’m thankful for my new wife and just getting married.
- We are expecting a baby girl in March.
- I’m grateful for my children, my family, my church and my job
- I’m grateful for my son, my girlfriend, and my job
Antonio Taylor (Pictured)
- I’m grateful for my health and opportunities to learn and grow.
- I’m grateful for the support of the production team allowing me to focus on selling.
- My daughter is starting her first year at Southern Indiana University.
- I’m grateful for working nearly 10 years at Klausing Group.
- I’m grateful for Klausing Group working around my school schedule.
Ann Caudill (Pictured)
- I am thankful for my significant other, Brian; my family and my job here with Klausing Group.
- I’m grateful that my baby son is arriving in February 2018.
- I’m glad my home renovations have started—garage wiring updated, hardwood floor refinish underway and more to come.
- I celebrated a one-year wedding anniversary and my daughter turned 4 in 2017.
- I’m thankful that my wife and I are pregnant and that everything seems to be going well with that.
- I’m thankful for my dog.
- I’m thankful for my wonderful friends and family.
Tony Thompson (Pictured)
- I’m thankful for my girlfriend, my new house, my job and the people I work with.
- I’m thankful for all of my grandkids and family.
- And, I’m thankful for deer season!
- I’m grateful for family and friends, my health and a place to live.
- I’m grateful that my dad is feeling better after an injury.
- I’m grateful I’m not laid off in a seasonal business.
- I’m grateful I get to do what I like every day at work.
- I get to see my family in Cincinnati.
- I re-enrolled in school and I’m getting all A’s.
- I’m using my artsy talents to make me and other people feel good.
- I’m grateful I can be a good listener
- I’m grateful for the people I work with, and for working at a company that gives back to the community.
- I’m grateful for the opportunity to grow and mature at work.
- I’m grateful for friends and family who care about me and support me.
- I’m grateful to be alive.
Russell Riddell (Pictured)
- I’m thankful for being able to gain knowledge and experience by working with co-workers.
- I’m thankful for being challenged day to day and not getting bored.
- I’m thankful for being able to come home each day from work and see my family.
- I’m grateful for my job, my money, my boots and the people I work with.
- I’m thankful that I have friends at work, and I’m treated fairly.
- I’m thankful for my job.
Jorge Tolentino (Pictured)
- I’m thankful for the good environment that we have at Klausing Group.
- I’m thankful that Klausing Group is flexible with family time and needing off for those occasions.
- I’m thankful that I got the shot to move up in the ranks and be in the position that I am today.
What Are You Grateful For This Season?
At Klausing Group, we care about what matters to you—and we appreciate the opportunity to educate you about what matters to your landscape and how green infrastructure and mindful landscape maintenance techniques can make a positive ecological impact. As a team, we believe in giving back to the community, which is why we donate 5% of our profit to make the community greener. How can we make a difference on your property? Let’s start a conversation. Call us any time in Lexington at 859.254.0762 and Louisville at 502.264.0127. Or, fill out this simple contact form to request a proposal.